Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2015

     I'm not going to make a new years resolution.  I'm not going to make a list of things that I know I'm not going to accomplish.  Instead I'm simply going to make a few rules.  It's 2015, I turn 20 this year. This is the year I finally figure out how to work life.  2014 was filled with a lot of firsts, I wrecked my first car, broke my first bone (my back), graduated high school, got to experience working 6-7 days a week at 30-40 hours for two months, reached the one year mark at my job, started college, and turned 19.  And that was just my year.  My mom got her first actual job in a very long time, my brother graduated college, and got his first actual job in a very long time as well. My other brother worked in Chattanooga as cop, before moving in with his girl friend and being a cop in their time, he also got in engaged.  My point?  A lot of things can happen.  You can accomplish a lot of things.          
       With out even trying. So imagine, if you actually try.
So what am I doing to make 2015 unlike any year? What am I doing to make sure on my 20th birthday I don't look back and see all the things I could have done?  Firstly, I'm not going to make a list of all the things I think I should do this year.  Secondly, I'm going to make a list of all the things I'm not allowed to say. Then, I'm going to make a list of all things I'm going to do this year.

Things I'm not allowed to say
  1.  I don't have time. 
    1. Yes. Yes you do. School starts the 20th.  You have three days off a week. You can hang out with friends one day, do homework/laundry/whatever else needs to be done one of the others.
  2. It's to hard.
    1. No it's not.  You're just lazy. 
  3. I don't feel like it.
    1. Do I even need to explain this one?
  4. It won't help in the long run.
    1. Don't know until you try.
  5. I'm to tired
    1. Oh b.s. You'll live.
  6. I don't know how.
    1. .... You're on the computer for God's sake.
  7. I don't want to (if it's something you actually kind of want to do. This doesn't apply to things other people ask you to do)
    1. Oh just shut the hell up and do it. 
Things I'm going to do
  1. Laundry Wednesdays
  2. WATER
  3. EXERCISE
  4. Car insurance
  5. Straight A's... and maybe a B or two. 
  6. $50 a week, plus Gas. 
    1. Every Friday take out $50, the rest stays in your bank account. The next pay day transfer what's in the account over to savings. 
  7. Get scuba certified. 
  8. Learn. Everyday.
  9. Update this blog every day.  Tell about my new adventures.  Maybe I dyed my laundry pink? Maybe I learned that water takes longer to heat up because most of the energy is being put to the use of breaking apart hydrogen bonds (true story), maybe I actually did something.
  10. Try new foods. 


No comments:

Post a Comment